Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

On the sly...

I'm always looking for ways to get more fresh veggies into my kids, so after reading Deceptively Delicious, by Jessica Seinfeld, my creativity was renewed in this effort.

This morning my children enjoyed ice cream for breakfast without even a hint that it contained spinach and carrots.

There morning treat was very simple and delicious, with the help of one of my favorite kitchen gadgets...my Vita-mix. This incredible machine allows me to make fresh smoothies, ice cream, purees, soup, sauces, and nut butters with the flip of a switch. I find it very handy in the baby food stage of life that I am in once again.

Breakfast Berry Blast

Handful of baby carrots
Handful of baby spinach
1 cup of apple juice
3 cups of frozen mixed berries
Blend

Adjust the apple juice or frozen berries to bring to desired consistency.

The empty cups and pleas for more were proof enough of the success of this yummy treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment