Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A New Chapter

The last week and a half I spent clearing out clutter, sorting through boxes of momentos, reminiscing about the good and bad of our nine and half years in Iowa and visiting with dear friends who have blessed my life immensely and who I will miss tremendously. Friday morning as we pulled out at at 5 am with the trailer loaded with our worldly treasures my mind was filled with wonderful memories of long, sunny days lounging at the park with friends, all the prayer, support and encouragement these same friends poured into my life, the many opportunites we had to serve and minister to others here but as the sun began to rise and I took in the beauty of the dawn as it bloomed over the open prairie my mind turned to the new opportunities God has waiting for us in the south. Over the last year and a half I have wrestled with God over this move. I knew it was coming and I appreciate the time He gave me to adjust to it. I now can rest in His perfect peace that this is where He has for us at this appointed time. I look forward with anticipation to the relationships and ministry opportunities He has for us here, not the least of which is the new child we will welcome into our family in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment