Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Missing CR

Yesterday we attended a homeschool function at a park here. I was really excited about getting to connect with other homeschoolers and making new friends. Fond memories of time spent at the park in CR with all our wonderful friends filled my head. I arrived at the park with much excitement and anticipation, which quickly diminished as the kids and I walked up completely un-noticed and not seeing a face we recognized. Suddenly my excitement was gone and replaced with a longing for CR. I missed walking up and being greeted by familiar faces. I missed the lush green grass and big shady trees. I missed the laid back, casual atmosphere that resulted in long leisurely days fellowshipping. Here I was faced with strangers, glaring sun, red clay, a crowded park and rushed moms who came only to rush off to the next event of the day. I resisted the urge to run and found the opportunity to chat with a few moms. That is how friendships begin. I know God has a purpose and plan for us here! He surprised us with my Mother and Grandmother showing up at the park just as we were leaving and inviting us to lunch. I then had the opportunity to spend a leisurely afternoon visiting with my Cousin-in-law, while the kids played in her large, lush fenced back yard and we ended the day cooking out with them.

Thank you God for the blessings of new friends to be made, family so close, and the wonderful memories of past park days in CR. Thank you for giving me a purpose and plan and revealing it each moment of every day. May you be glorified in it all.

(This is in no means meant to reflect badly on my new friends here, or the homeschoolers here, it is only a journaling of the emotions I'm dealing with as I adjust to leaving my life in CR behind and beginning a new life here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment