Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summertime.....

Summer is quickly approaching here in the south and I can tell by the tiny fruit on my vegetable plants, the lush herbs outside my backdoor, the smell of fresh cut grass, the occasional thunderstorm, the constant puddles from children playing with the water hose and the many creatures my children keep bringing in from the creek. Just today they've captured a snapping turtle, another variety of turtle, a crawdad, minnows, and a frog. My favorite part of summer is that life seems to slow down a bit. There seems to be more time for stopping and smelling the flowers and enjoying the world around us. There are more opportunities for sitting around, sipping iced tea and visiting with friends and family. I feel the freedom to let go of the agenda and take whatever the day brings. This morning I had really hoped to get some math done with the kids, but before we got to that they were outside exploring the creek. God and His creation has much to teach them, so I can relax, let them enjoy the blessing of exploring and making a mess and when that afternoon thunderstorm arrives we can review our multiplication tables, work a few problems and settle down to read a great book together.

"To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment