Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday

In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
I Thes 5:18


The gal who writes thisBlog does a Thursday listing of ten things she's thankful for. I think this is a wonderful opportunity to stop and count our blessings and proclaim the goodness of our Father. I've been meaning to join in the last few weeks but finding time to sit and blog and upload photos has been challenging to say the least. Instead of procrastinating until I have a chance to upload photos I'm going to dive in and post without photos.

1. I'm thankful that after 24(4)+8 hours of surviving the single parent of many life, my traveling salesman of a hubby is home :)
(can you tell I've been teaching pre-algebra?)

2. I'm thankful that last night I got twice as much sleep(4 hours) than I did the night before.

3. I'm thankful for a king size bed that I tucked 3 of the kids in with me last night because I was too exhausted to deal with the popcorn episodes.

4. I'm thankful for the sweet prayer of my two year old as she lay in bed with me fighting sleep, "Hey! It's me! I pray...I pray Mommy...I pray Daddy..."

5. I'm thankful that I was able to stay home this entire, cold, dreary week.

6. I'm thankful for 14 hands that make messes.

7. I'm thankful that 12 of these hands help clean up the messes, some of the time:)

8. I'm thankful that God's peace ruled in our home the majority of the week and strife has been minimal.

9. I'm thankful that the fact that the laundry is behind is proof of God providing us abundant raiment.

10. I'm thankful that tonight I can snuggle up next to my hubby and sleep, letting him get up with any kids that need attention :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment