Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

 
Posted by Picasa


Today is the last day of 2010. A year full of blessings and stretching. Yesterday I reflected on the verses that I clung to over the course of the year. Today I will spend the day out with my family goofing off in celebration of the wonderful year that ends, but first I'll take a few minutes to record my vision of the new year.



As I've thought about the upcoming year, I've made mental notes of some things I'd like to accomplish.

Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. Proverbs 29:18

Spiritual
a. Read through the Bible
b. Pray more diligently for my children and husband
c. Do another Beth Moore Bible Study, I love how her studies draw me deep into God's word.
To be all that God has called me to be as a wife and mother I must be equipped and I know of no better way than by spending time in God's word and prayer.

Health
a. Omit dairy and sugar - we've been dealing with some food sensitivities and these two must go. Once those are eliminated I'll asses if there are other trigger foods that need to be dealt with.
b. Exercise - I love the Walk At Home Series and am looking forward to getting in 3 miles a day again.

Personal Interest and Development

a. Photography - I will continue to develop my skills in this area. One of the tools I will use this year is the 365 project, which will help keep me consistent
b. Doula/Childbirth Instructor - I love to encourage women and this is something I've considered doing for years and I'm going to tackle this year after my midwife encouraged me to go for it. Thanks M!
c. Writing - I enjoy writing and will attempt to be more consistent with both journaling and blogging.
d. Leading the CHEC MOMS group - another area of encourage women and keeping me accountable to the life of Freedom God has called me to

These are some pretty hefty goal with a newborn in the house, so we'll see how well I do with these.

Homeschooling

This past fall was very difficult because I became intimidated by having an 8th grader and let the opinions of others sway my decisions. I quickly found myself in bondage to the expectations of others and I've learned my lesson, at least for the moment, not to say I'll have to repeat it again in the future. God has a special purpose and plan for each of my children, so I will diligently seek Him and not others as I prepare and plan our lessons. I'm looking forward to pursuing the vision He has given me for the upcoming months and not following the ideas of others.

Without further ado I say Goodbye 2010 and hello 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment