I must admit that I started the day out feeling mopey and having a pity party, not much time for that as I had to move full speed ahead pulling recipes and making a grocery list, preparing breakfast, caring for baby......then I remembered that today is Thursday and I really NEED to stop and remember the Lord's blessings in my life and for this reason I put everything else on hold while I type out this post and participate in Thankful Thursday.
1."Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift." 2 Corinthians 9:15
This verse says it all! What more could I want than the gift God gave me of His Son allowing me to become a daughter of the Most High. I am also thankful for the many other blessings evident in my life today.
2. Health: All 9 of us are healthy. I can remember one Christmas we all had the stomach flu and I spent Christmas Eve on the sofa with a very sick 2 year old.
3. Family: We spent several hollidays without extended family when we lived in the midwest. Thankful to have both my brother's near, my grandmother, parents and mother in law all here to celebrate Christmas.
4. Provision: God has provided my husband with a wonderful job that provides for our needs and many of our wants and allows us to give to those we love.
5. Sun: It's shining brightly today, warming the air and reminding me of God's goodness and how His SON lights our way and warms our heart. Its visible presence also means that it will be nice enough for my kids to get outside and run some energy off.
6. Children: God uses them to illuminate our weaknesses, forcing us to draw near and depend upon Him. They also bring a fresh perspective and enthusiasm to what could become mundane. Holidays are always exciting when experienced with the joy and excitment of a child.
7. Sleep: Something I get very little of but am thankful for every bit I do get.
8. Legos: Sure I step on them all the time but the hours of creative play that my children are engaged in makes the sore feet worth it.
9. Clean Kitchen: Knowing the kitchen is done, helps me feel a little less overwhelmed at all I want to accomplish today and tomorrow.
10. Christmas Carols: I love listening to them and singing them with my children.
"Joy to the world the Lord has come..."